I just bought a spec five relay, but it was sitting out in the sun with the solar panel hooked up. The guide says not to power it up and tell you've connected the antenna, but it looks like it had self powered. I tried to configure it, but initially it had Bluetooth but then lost it. My other Meshtastic note shows it alive but again it's not discoverable on Bluetooth. what do I do now?
Thanks for reaching out! If the Relay powered on without the antenna connected, it can sometimes affect behavior, but it doesn’t always mean permanent damage. The Bluetooth drop you’re seeing may be due to the device being stuck in a state after initial boot or configuration.
We recommend:
• Power cycling the device (disconnect power, then reconnect)
• Moving closer and scanning again for Bluetooth
• Checking if it’s still visible via another Meshtastic node
If Bluetooth still isn’t discoverable, it may need a reset or reflash. Please reach out to us at general@specfive.com and we’ll guide you step-by-step to get it back up and running.
Having the same issue with my spec five relay. When I first started it up, my nodes, recognized it. And now nothing. I've tried getting closer to the spec five with my nodes, and also further away. None of them recognize the spec five relay as a repeater anymore. I really like the spec five products, but this one has me dumbfounded.Any advice would be helpful. I've tried reflashing, rebooting, re-powering everything. Nothing works, Thanks